Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What We Gave Thanks For!

I'm a little late on the Thanksgiving post, but I wanted to share about our thankful turkey we made.  I cut a turkey shape out of poster board and covered it with orange and brown construction paper, then made feathers out of different colored paper.  On these feathers we each took turns writing what we were thankful for. On other feathers I wrote some important bible verses to remind us why we need to give thanks to God on Thanksgiving as well.



We each took turns going around the table, writing what we were thankful for and sharing it with each other.  Hannah blessed us with a feather of scribbles.
Emma was thankful for "makarone" (that would be kindergarten writing for macaroni) and "famle dnrs" (did you guess that one? It's family dinners).
Matt was thankful for being able to work and having a job and for a loving wife and good kids.
And me, I was thankful for healthy kids and Matt/Daddy to take care of us. 


The green feather shows Hannahs feather and the yellow is Emma's "makarone" - she doesn't yet understand that when she tries to correct her writing you can no longer read it, but she's writing so I'm thankful for that too!
So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I hope you have a great holiday and remembered to give thanks for all of the blessings in your life!

3 comments:

  1. what a great craft idea!! i love the turkey - especially that even matt participated... not sure i would be able to get such involvement from andrew!! and i can not believe emma is writing already -- WOW!! that is so awesome!

    hope you guys had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these the things you made at church, or with someone from church or something? I kind of remember you telling me about them. I like Hannah's scribble - she's definitely thankful for her black Sharpies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made it at home.. I got the idea when I went to LifeGroup and they had a thankful tree with the leaves filled with things they were thankful for. I knew I didn't have paper big enough for a tree, so I went with a turkey! And yes, Hannah is definitely thankful for sharpies!

    ReplyDelete