Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Finally Fitting In

My BIRTHDAY is Friday! Anyone who knows me should know how much I look forward to my birthday.  I count down starting in September! I don't know why, I have just always loved my birthday.  This year I'll be the ripe ol' age of 27.  A little bit of my is starting to freak out while a little bit more of me is finally gaining confidence is knowing that the inside of me finally fits with my age. 

For so long I felt like I never fit in with people my own age, and sometimes I still feel that way.  But I had Emma at 21 which is when people are still in college, partying away.  I was married, had a house and a new baby.  My life was so different than those "my age".  As I've gotten older, I finally feel like I can start to relate to people my own age.  Other 26/27/28 year olds are married or in a serious relationship and have kids or want kids.  I don't feel like I need to make friends with people 10 years older with me anymore.  For the first time in my life, I am comfortable with how old I am when I tell people.  I'm excited to say, I'm 27 years old.  I'm not embarrassed, it's almost as if I'm proud!

I'm not sure how we'll actually end up celebrating my birthday with Emma sick and all, because I'm sure she's anxious to share with everyone, but I'm so grateful that I have made it another year and that I have surronded myself with people that truly care and want to be part of my life.  I have the greatest husband, we've endured through a lot of storms in just a short three years but have had an amazing ride and I wouldn't trade our "tiffs" or "spats" for anything, I have the greatest BFF, who always answers the phone just to hear my complain about nothing and is just always there for me through all my distractions and of course I have the two greatest kids who love me unconditionally even when I run out of patience, get a little spazzy or just seem extra grumpy.  I couldn't imagine a better group of people to spend my birthday with, especially a birthday that I am thoroughly looking forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Happy *almost* Birthday!! I'm sure you will have a great time, no matter how the plans turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're starting to feel comfortable in your own skin...it's a wonderful feeling. And how lucky to have such a great BFF so close to you- as much as we love our spouses, girlfriends are just as important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, too, BFF! I am so glad I have you, and that we live so close to each other. I definitely enjoy our morning chats (ie our 3 hour long conversations)! Think of the money we save on therapy, too =). I'm so excited to go to the pumpkin patch and out to dinner for your birthday. It's nice we get to spend your b-day together and do some fun stuff!

    Oh, and as far as the age thing - I totally understand what you mean. But, you already knew that =).

    ReplyDelete