Sunday, December 6, 2009

All Wrapped Up


I need to start wrapping my Christmas gifts very soon.  Every year at the thought of wrapping so many gifts in such a short period of time I remember a woman I used to work with.  She and her husband never wrapped any of the gifts for their kids.  They were all from Santa and were just placed under the tree after the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve.  I had never heard of anyone doing this before.  As a child, we had gifts from Santa as well as my mom, dad, brother and sister and I still do this today.  I separate the gifts out and decide what will be from me and Matt, and what will be from Santa.  So I was wondering, how do you guys do it? Are all of your gifts wrapped?  Do you leave them unwrapped? Does only Santa deliver gifts on Christmas or do you partake too?  For me personally, depsite the wrapping frustrations (even though I have an awesome new pair of wrapping scissors), I don't think I couldn't wrap presents or make them all from Santa.

3 comments:

  1. We do it like you Heather -- wrap all the gifts - some are from Santa (and they are wrapped in special paper) and the others are from us. Usually, the biggest 1-2 gifts are from Santa - or the items that were specifically named on the Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up with divorced families- I kind of had it both ways. At my dad's house, we had 1-2 large gifts just setting out (unwrapped) from Santa. Everything else was wrapped under the tree and from my parents. At my mom's house, EVERYTHING was from Santa...the bigger toys (like EZ Bake oven and bikes) were unwrapped and everything else was wrapped- but it was all from Santa. I think there's no wrong way to do it. For Ellie, we are having 2-3 gifts just setting out unwrapped, and smaller gifts will be from us, and I will wrap those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm sure you know (I think I've told you 50 million times how much I love Costco paper), I wrap EVERYTHING. I have special paper (covered in Santas) that's from him, and other paper on things that are from us. I can't imagine it would be much fun to walk out, see all the presents in one glance, and then have the excitement be over. Tearing into things, one at a time (and throwing aside the boring stuff) is all part of getting Christmas presents as a kid.

    ReplyDelete