Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding


Yep, I watched!  I couldn't wait - it's been set on the DVR since last week, I didn't want to miss any of it!  I thought it was absolutely beautiful; Catherine was stunning and their genuine love for one another was so apparent. I don't get the negativity that people give to the royal family - I get those that weren't interested (ok, honestly I don't).  But I saw so many negative comments on facebook including that Prince William and Kate didn't have to work to get where they are.  I have two thoughts on this - first, it wasn't Prince Williams choice to be born into royalty, it happened, and second, I actually feel like these two are leading a life as normally as they can.  Kate's family created a business from nothing and is now pretty big due to hard work, not being born a certain way (let's not forget she walked into Westminster Abbey as a commoner).  And before Princess Diana's tragic death, she did everything she could to raise her sons "normally" and I think it really shows.  Both Prince Harry and William are in the military and Harry has insisted on not having special treatment and was sent to Afghanistan.  Previous "royals" may have desired special treatment, but I really feel like William and Catherine have worked hard on their own.  Oh, and Catherine is the first Queen-to-be with a college education - I feel like that should say something.
Another negative comment heard was that their relationship wouldn't last, just like any other celebrity couple.  Maybe that's some of the problem with relationships today, there is no hope from the beginning.  They waited 9 years to get married and kept a majority of their relationship as private as they could - not stepping out into the spotlight until the official engagement announcement.
But I loved the wedding nonetheless!  I loved that their faith was so apparent throughout the ceremony and that you could really tell they genuinely loved each other.  I definitely had princess envy today and I am sure a lot of people did too.  I can't wait to see what the future brings to them and to see the new heir.  No matter what anyone else says, I wish them the absolute best of luck and the biggest congratulations I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment