Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Goodies

Have I ever mentioned I LOVE to bake? I usually only bake for other people as I don't like a lot of sweets enough to make an entire cake or something (an exception would be brownies - I could eat an entire pan by myself!).  So when I get the chance to make some baked goods I jump at it.  For our Easter Service on Sunday, we needed extra goodies for our hospitality table so I made a few things.  


I thought the sunflower cake turned out pretty well.  You can find the directions here but it was pretty easy.  I used a golden butter cake mix, baked in 2 circle pans.  Frost with chocolate frosting (you need 2 jars).  It takes 19 peeps - keeping them stuck together, slightly round them and stick them on the edge of the cake.  Use semi-sweet chocolate morsels and place in the middle for the "seeds" - this part was a bit meticulous, but not too bad. 

These were a PAIN!  I probably won't be making these for another year :)  They were soooo sticky!!  You make rice crispie treats as usual, but then use plastic eggs that have been sprayed with Pam (or Great Value Non-Stick Butter Flavored Spray like I did).  Fill each side of the egg and use your finger (I ended up going to the handle part of my butter knife because the mixture kept sticking to my fingers) and make an indention.  Let cool for a bit then fill with m&m's and stick them together.  You have to shape them a bit and fill the cracks. 

Hannah's preschool is having a fundraiser this weekend and I'm making some more goodies - anyone have any good ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Your cake looks great! And so do your eggs...we saw those on a commerical, so I bought all of the stuff to make them. Then I decided against it, and just made regular old rice krispie treats. I'm glad I did, LOL! Regular RK treats are hard enough, I can't imagine shaping them into eggs! We did make homemmade sugar cookies and homemade frosting to decorate. They were good, and much less work than RK!

    ReplyDelete