Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's for Dinner - Weekly Menu

I know, I'm late again.. oh well... I kind of like posting on Wednesday rather than on the madness otherwise known as Monday!  So here is what we're having this week - I'd love to hear what you are eatin'!

Monday - I was supposed to make Braided Spaghetti, but I was going to make my own dough instead of what the recipe called for.  When push came to shove and the noodles and meat were on I couldn't find my yeast - CRISIS!!!  So we settled for regular ol' spaghetti instead and it was still delicious!

Tuesday - Chicken fajitas!  I did a really poor job at planning these recipes out.  First it was supposed to be steak fajitas using some steak I got on sale awhile back, but it was gone.  I either thought I bought it or someone made a midnight snack.... both are equally as likely!  So I went with chicken fajitas only to realize I was out of chili powder... ugh!!  My husband gratefully ran to Aldi (they have the best deal on spices) to pick some up for me since I literally just returned from the same store 20 minutes earlier with fajita shells.  (They make THE BEST fajita shells so we ended up using all I bought last week for another recipe - seriously. so. good.)

Wednesday - Tonight we're having Cajun Chicken Wraps - a weight watchers recipe, yay!  I was going to buy different tortillas but the ones from Aldi are soo beyond delicious that I'm sacrificing the calories for tastiness (have I mentioned have wonderful they are?)!

Thursday - Another weight watchers recipe courtesy of pinterest, we're having Bubble Up Enchiladas.  Can you tell we like to eat Mexican food in our house? I love, love, love enchiladas and hope these turn out wonderful as well.  I haven't decided if I'll do chicken or beef though...

Friday - Spinach Lasagna Rolls - they looked easy and delicious, just what we need on a Friday night!!!

I'll have a special blog just for our Saturday St. Patrick's Day Menu! 

*All my links of courtesy of Pinterest.com - best.website.ever.  Click on the link and re-pin them to your favorite boards!! 

1 comment:

  1. So the reciepe DOES only call for one can of biscuits! I have no idea where I read two cans...but good thing I only used one. And we used ground turkey, but I chopped a little onion and sautee'd that with the ground meat. It was super easy and yum!

    ReplyDelete