Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday's Weekly Menu

I know, I know - these are supposed to be Monday Menu's but I forgot, so we'll just go with Wednesday this week!  I haven't even posted menu's in months, so a few days late will be OK, right? I've been finding so many yummy recipes on pinterest that we're enjoying new recipes more often - yay - so I don't have to post the same five things every week and wanted to share!!

Monday - Dirty Rice - nothing fancy.  Just a box of the mix and a pound of ground beef.  Add a side of vegetables and call it done.  We also made mac-n-cheese because I knew Emma wouldn't touch the dirty rice even if it was topped in chocolate!

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday - we eat tacos a lot.  Sometimes chicken tacos, sometimes my new obsession chicken crock pot tacos, and other times I break down and make traditional tacos using ground beef.  It's Emma's favorite and I aim to please!  Add refried beans and red beans and rice and we're good!

Wednesday - Tonight we're having another pinterest recipe.  Hawaiin Chicken in the crock pot!  Take frozen chicken breasts, a bottle of Hawaiian bbq sauce (or your favorite - I stuck with Sweet Baby Ray's to save myself $2) and a can of crushed pineapple.  Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over rice or on your favorite buns!  This also makes a great make ahead meal.  Throw all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and freeze until ready to cook - then throw in the crock pot. 

Thursday - I'm so excited for Thursday night's dinner.  I have been craving these bad boys for weeks!  I'm making whole wheat blueberry pancakes - OMG!  And of course I'll be making plain pancakes (whole wheat of course) for the man of the house and I'll probably make a few chocolate chip pancakes for the little ones.  I've got some turkey bacon too!  Can. Not. Wait!

Friday - We'll end the week easy with some Turkey BLT's with a side of fruit!  Maybe some chips....

One night this week I hope to make these:


Bite size apple pies.  Don't they look delicious??? I've got all the ingredients, just need to make them! Take a guess where I got the idea from.... PINTEREST

Next week is mostly all pinterest recipes - so excited to make them!!


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking that I want to get back into posting meals for the week, too. I have a recipe for "apple turnovers" which is really an apple slice rolled in a crescent - they are AWESOME...and it sort of looks like your picture above. (Mine are baked in a mountain dew / brown sugar sauce - not kidding.) They look delish!

    ReplyDelete