Monday, March 5, 2012

C25K Week 4 Recap

I didn't get to recap on Friday, so I won't fill you on any thoughts for this week that starts today and I'll pretend that it's Friday still!

Week four was tough! It went right into 16 minutes of running broken down into 4 intervals which is quite a bit more than any week prior which was 9 minutes of running max, so it goes without saying IT WAS HARD!  I even came down with a cold so I couldn't breathe but I still hit the treadmill three times a week last week and even added Zumba to the mix Thursday! 

Day one of C25K was an adjustment, but I did it, YAY!  I always dread day 2 as it seems to be the hardest, but this past week, it was actually pretty easy; day 3, however, was the hardest!  I don't know if it was from Zumba the day before, but I was soooooooo done!!!

Running while sick.  Hmmm... It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  My sinuses cleared up during the run but my chest hurt real bad afterward in a way I can't explain.  I'm glad I didn't use the excuse of having a cold to keep me off the treadmill - I feel quite accomplished that I completed another week successfully.  But I would definitely prefer to be healthy during my runs!

I keep wondering if I'll have to repeat some weeks.  A lot of people seem to repeat weeks when they feel they need it and looking into week five, it may be time for a repeat, but we will see how it goes...I've been icing my legs a lot to keep the pain down.  It's weird - it hurts only when I begin running then goes away and then will ache occasionally throughout the day, but if I push on my leg to find the pain, there isn't any... not sure what is going on there, but I'm happy to report that I had zero pain this past weekend!

On another happy note, I'm down three pounds!!  Whoo hoo!  It's super nice to see some results on the scale and this was on Monday before I even began any of my week four running or zumba!!  Hopefully I can keep adding to the weight loss!

I'll blog soon about my fitbit review - it wasn't what I was expecting or what I thought I wanted, but I LOVE it, yay!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the weight loss - that's so awesome! I am supposed to be doing week 7 this week, and I hope to eventually get there. I worked out on the Kinect this Sunday and I AM.SO.SORE. that I just cannot imagine running right now. I normally try to run on Sunday, Tue, and Thursday (only two days during the week since my evenings are crazy enough). But here it is Tuesday, and I haven't even started! Oh, and I felt no shame in repeating weeks - I really wanted to have each week down pat before moving on to the next one...but to each his own. Do what's right for you! (And I agree, the program really jumps ahead on certain weeks.)

    ReplyDelete