Friday, March 16, 2012

Week 6 Recap - C25K

So I finished up week 6 this morning.  No more intervals of running and walking, it's purely running from here on out!!!  I knew this week would be harder than last week after tackling that 20 minute run but I wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be!  Here's the recap:

Day 1: Run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes, cool down
Seems easy peasy but I'm learning that intervals are much harder than straight runs!  I look at the timer way more often and much sooner than the long runs.  So. Glad. It's. Over.

Day 2: Run 10 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 10 minutes.  Three thoughts:  1. Better than Monday at least.  2.  Still sucked.  3.  I need a new playlist!  (Oh yeah, I ran this day with a headache.  I knew I had to get it in or it would totally mess up my Monday, Wednesday, Friday days so I ran with a headache.  No headache while running which was nice but it returned shortly after :(  )

Day 3: I usually browse on Friday's for the next weeks runs and I thought today was another 20 minute run so I was a little surprised when I clicked start on my app to find that it was a 25 minute run.  Not prepared for this I just kept telling myself I could do it and anything less was just my head trying to mess with me.  I made myself listen to 6 songs before I checked the timer which left me with 3 minutes to go.  I'm actually loving the long runs (but don't mark my words!).

Other thoughts for this week:
~I definitely need a new playlist.  I've overplayed my 9 songs too much and am in dire need of new songs to add to the mix!  What are your favorite songs to run to?
~I'm getting really bored with the zumba.  I LOVE zumba classes at the gym but I'm really bored with it at home - like to the point of selling it.  So I'm probably going to switch between my wii active game, my biggest loser cardio dvd and zumba to switch things up on Tuesday's and Thursday's.
~After my runs I've been doing a little time on the elliptical trainer.  5 minutes on Wednesday and 10 minutes today.  Why is it so much easier to burn calories on that thing than running where I am drenched in sweat???
~I've also gone back into the weight room.  For now I'm tackling my arms and my abs.  I'm afraid to do too much with my legs in fear that I'll ache too much to run.
~I'm down another 1.5 pounds which makes my total 8 pounds.  Whee hoo!  I'm nervous for my weigh-in on Monday as I made the mistake of putting the boxes of Thin Mint cookies in the freezer.  And then opening the box.  And then telling myself I would just have 4.  And then eating more than 4.  On more than one day.  Then by buying cadbury eggs.  What is wrong with me???  Actually it's "that" week so I have no motivation, want to eat everything and crave chocolate all day long, so at least I have a reason.  Good or not, it's a reason!  I normally keep a bar of dove chocolate in the house at all times.  Then I can satisfy my craving for chocolate with a perfectly portioned out piece of chocolate.  Instead I went for the thin mints.
~I thought I was past the pain in my legs.  I haven't had to ice in awhile, but after today I'm sitting here typing this with ice on my legs!  

From week 7 on it is strictly running without stopping all the way up to 30 minutes.  I can't believe I've been running for 6 weeks and am almost done with the program.  Once it's over I am going to continue working on my speed and distance.  I need to make it to the 3.1 miles and I need to set a time goal too to finish it by, so I guess that's what I'll be working toward!

I'll leave you with this that I found.  I absolutely LOVE it!  Happy Running!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture and the quote! AWESOME!!!

    Somehow I missed this blog post. You are a brave lady bringing thin mints and cadbury eggs into the house. I wouldn't stop eating till they were all gone! YUM!

    My playlist is getting a little thin too. I find anything by the Black Eyed Peas keeps me going. Also some of the old "classic rock" songs from high school are fun to listen to (Def Leppard, Scorpions, etc). Oh, and PINK! Love her! Most of her songs are good butt kicking songs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'ALMOST" made it through day 3 of week 6 today. I stopped for like 30 seconds to catch my breath...grrrrr. I know that I shouldn't be hard on myself, considering that I couldn't even run a few blocks a few months ago, but I want my running days to be legit! I will give it another go in a few days, and will hopefully have a much better run then.

    As for music, I mostly do pop stuff as I really need music with a good strong beat (although I'm a classically trained musician, funny enough). Feel free to check out the tunes on youtube and on itunes.

    Lady Gaga:
    Born this Way
    Bad Romance
    You and I
    Edge of Glory
    Scheibe
    Just Dance
    Paparazzi
    Poker Face

    P!ink
    Raise your Glass
    Try
    Just give me a reason
    Glitter in the air

    Revolver (Madonna featuring Lil Wayne)
    Waka Waka (This time for Africa-Shakira)
    Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)

    Beyonce
    Single Ladies
    Halo (note: I really like this one for stretching/cooling down)

    Adele
    Rolling in the deep
    Rumour has it

    I would Walk 500 miles (Kenny and the Scotts)
    Dynamite (Taio Cruz)

    Hairspray (the musical)
    You can't stop the beat
    Run and tell that

    ABBA
    Honey Honey
    Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

    Don't Stop me now (Queen)
    Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
    Bad Reputation (Shrek Soundtrack)

    Rhianna
    Rude Boy
    Cheers

    Tik Tok (Ke$ha)
    Beat it (Micheal Jackson)

    ReplyDelete