Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day(s)

Mother's Day really began on Thursday for me!  Hannah's preschool had a Mother's Day Tea and it was so cute! There was a little lunch and tea and lemonade in cute teapots.  The teachers even took care of the kids, getting their plates and helping them so the mom's could just sit and eat - VERY nice! Then the kids sang a few songs, "I'm a little teapot", "My Mommy has a special name", "Toe-knee Chestnut", and something else, but I can't remember!  They all made us special gifts too!  It was really wonderful and made me special!
Me and Hannah at tea together

Singing the first song

"tip me over and pour me out!"

I think this still might be little teapot

Her teapot picture frame for me and flowers they planted weeks ago and then painted and potted them!

My favorite of all was the cute plate she made! I used it on Mother's Day!

They used their finger prints to make little butterflies and bee's!


On Friday, Emma's class had a Mother's Day tea as well.  I couldn't wait to go, but sadly I wrote the wrong time down and showed up an hour late!  I was soo mad at myself!!!  I kept telling Emma how excited I was and even reminded her as she got on the bus that I would be there later for tea only to never show up!  When I walked in the office to sign in the secretary told me it was at 10 NOT 11.  I almost cried on the spot.  Hannah and I went to the car and waited until lunch time to at least eat lunch with her.  Her teacher said she acted like I wasn't even planning on coming which upset me even more because Emma doesn't express her emotions well.  I just imagined her waiting and waiting and looking up every time someone came into the classroom waiting for me and I never showed.  I felt like I truly disappointed her and I still have a ton of guilt!  But we stayed for lunch and I told her I would take her to tea after school.  There is a neat place in town called Miss Minerva's that serves tea in fancy pots and tea cups.  We went for a birthday party for a friend earlier in the year and it's really neat.  The girls ordered "Tween Tea" which had a few chicken nuggets, hot dog wrap things, a brownie, fruit and a few other little things.  It came with their choice of tea or lemonade - Emma picked lemonade. I ordered a scone and it came with the most delicious clotted cream and jam.  They have these little sniffing jars to pick out your tea, but I went with the same as last time, Bangkock green tea.  Hannah and I shared it - soooo delicious!  It was great to just spend time with both the girls together doing something special.  
This is Grandma's closet - you get to try on fancy hats and scarves to drink your tea in!

My choice hat

One of her many outfit selections

Emma LOVES this stuff

Princess Hannah drinking her tea

Emma drinking her lemonade

What Emma made me to give during tea! She said her class was collecting empty water bottles and we kept sending them in - now I know why! She made a card and little booklet plus the paper holder!

This broke my heart more: "Dear Mommy. You are nice. I'm happy that you are comeimg to the tea partty. I love you mommy. Thank you for buying close. Thank you for buying shose." She is so sweet!

The sniffing jars!
Finally on Sunday we had company!  After church my Dad, sister and nephews came to visit!  I don't have any pictures of this but it was great to have them here!  I made burgers, a few sides and my sister brought fruit salad and some veggies and hummus.  It was a huge spread!  The kids all played together, they dug a giant hole in my backyard and looked for worms!  A giant mud trail was drug in and it took forever to get all the dirt off their faces, but seeing them play together made it worth it.  Pop then treated us to ice cream at our favorite ice cream shop in town, CJ's.  Thomas let me hold him the whole time even though he kept trying to eat my ice cream!  It was great to spend time with family.  Matt took the girls to the store a few days earlier and let them pick out whatever they wanted (within reason). Hannah got me a "Congratulations on your wedding card", flowers (meant for a gravesite, but hey flowers nontheless!) and a candle.  Emma picked out a "happy birthday" card, a family picture frame and lots of forks (we were down to only 5 and I was constantly washing them - so VERY thoughtful!). Matt brought home a ton of flowers from work and did the dishes for me (which he does often anyway).  

I had a great couple of days to celebrate my girls.  They really are the best gift of all!  So many people try so hard to have children and can't and I have been blessed with TWO(!) beautiful, smart, loving little girls!  There are some days that are harder than others and days that make me wonder how I'll do it but at the end of the day it's all worth it! I'm so proud to be their mom!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i am cracking up! i love that hannah picked out a "congrats on your wedding" card and emma got you a birthday card - that is so priceless! and i bet they were so proud of themselves for picking those out :o) i love it. don't beat yourself up about the tea...it won't be long, and emma will forget the tea where you weren't there, but will remember the tea where you WERE there. you're a great mom- happy mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tea place you guys went to with the hats, etc -- so cool! The photos are great! Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete