Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anniversary

Monday, May 23rd was our 2 year anniversary.  Seems like it should be more than that, but I guess not!  After Emma got out of school we headed to Manassas so Matt's Mom could watch the girls for us!  We had gift cards to Olive Garden and the movies from Christmas, so that was our plan!  We went all out and got all four courses.  We shared calamari, cheese sticks, and my favorite, fried ravioli!  Matt ordered soup with his dinner, I got salad.  And don't' forget the breadsticks - man I was full already!  For dinner, Matt got a steak gorgonzola alfredo pasta - I didn't like it, but he thought it was pretty good!  I got my favorite, crap and shrimp stuffed tortellini with shrimp on the top - delish!  I saved enough to have a small lunch the next day and ordered the most wonderful dessert every, the black tie mousse cake.  So now we're really full! Our gift cards covered everything and we even have $3 left on one of them.  We only paid for the tip out of pocket!
Then we rolled ourselves to the movies where the smell of buttery popcorn left us craving some.  We just got our Entertainment Book in the mail a few days earlier and I had a coupon for a free small popcorn if you purchased a large soft drink.  The lady let us get water instead and we upgraded to the medium popcorn.  We saw Bridesmaids and it was hilarious!  We both laughed the whole time.  This was actually the first time we have ever been to a movie together.  I have taken the girls a few times, Matt took Emma to see Rio last week and we both took Emma to see Night at the Museum the day after we got married; but we've never been as a couple sans kids! 
Matt's mom got us a gift card to Chili's and the movies for our anniversary so hopefully we'll be able to go again soon.  There were a ton of good previews so I think the chances are pretty high!
We had a great time and were even able to find topics to talk about rather than the kids! 
4-course dinner at the Olive Garden $10
Movie for two with popcorn and water $6.25
Night out with my amazing husband -priceless
 Emma took some pictures for us - they were all awful (not her fault).  Apparently I've inherited my Dad's problem of closing my eyes every time I take a picture! But here we are, May 23, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment