Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coupons Coupons

I haven't been able to really do couponing like I'd like to!  I learned a few lessons from the last time I went and decided to really try to incorporate coupons in my next shopping trip.  I spread all of my coupons out and went through each ad I had received in the mail.  There were only a few really good deals between the sales and coupons but here is what I found!

Martins was doubling $1 off coupons up to 4 of them so I was able to get the following deals:
  • Breakstone Sour Cream (16 oz) was on sale for 2/$3 and then I had $1 off 2 coupon which Martins doubled!  So, I ended up getting 2/$1 or 50 cents each!!
  • 6 Packs of refrigerated jell-o was on sale for 2/$5.  I had a $1 off coupon off of 1 and then Martins doubled it to $2, so I got a pack for .50 cents!!! I never buy these, but it was a great deal, and they turned out to be very handy after I got my tooth pulled!!
Now, I did learn when I got there that they would only double your $1 off coupons if you spent $15 in a single order.  Well, my sour cream, jell-o and steak-ums (no coupon for those, but they were half price!) were only a couple bucks.  But we've been eying coolers from various places for our trip to the beach, so I found a pretty cute one for $15 and completed my order!  

I also went to Food Lion for a bunch of of BOGO sales (cereal and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce) but I also got what I thought was a semi-sweet deal.  Their large jars of Kraft Mayo was on sale for $2.50 and I had a $1 off coupon, so I got a big jar of mayonnaise for $1.50.

Now that I have a bit more time these days (school's out for summer!) and I've seen a little bit of success (even if I have to go to 3 stores), I'm going to put a little more effort into my coupon adventures!  My sister shops at Kroger and that seems to be where "the people" from Extreme Couponing seem to have the most success - I just wish there was one here!

Do you coupon? What has been your best deal?

1 comment:

  1. When E was still on formula (and before I realized generic formula was ok), I always saved a lot at CVS. The can was $25.99 and I would take a $5 off/25 purchase CVS coupon and a $5 Enfamil check and a $2 off coupon my mom would send....the formula would end up being $13. Still a lot, but a little more manageable!

    ReplyDelete