Friday, June 10, 2011

First Grade Awards


Emma's school had the first through third grade awards ceremony yesterday. I didn't know if she was getting anything special or not, but I attended anyway.  The second to last award was for Outstanding Citizen, an award that I believe the teacher nominates students for.  I was so proud to hear Emma's name - being a good citizen is taken very seriously at her school and I know they've spent a good portion of the year teaching how to be a great citizen.  Emma's teacher talks a lot about how great Emma is in the classroom and how much of a team player she is, so I shouldn't have been surprised when she received it!
The award says,  
You have three names, the one you inherited, the one your parents gave you, the one you make for yourself.
Receiving her award - I think she was surprised yet, SUPER excited

Standing with the rest of the recipients

Back in her classroom her teacher gave each child their own award, something unique about each one.  I was so proud (again) to have Emma receive the Sunshine Award.  On it it says, You are glowing with a positive attitude! You make each day bright Emma! You always have a smile and you love to laugh.  This is very encouraging to others. Thanks for making our classroom a cheery place!
I don't think anything can beat that!

Her teacher giving her the Sunshine Award

Hugs!

She's proud, I'm proud, we're all so proud!

Way to go!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Emma! She was so sweet and caring with Ellie at the bouncy house - a great caretaker too!

    ReplyDelete