Saturday, July 31, 2010

Schooooooool's Out For Summa

I know this is really late, but I wanted to share some photos of Emma's last few days of school.  About a week before school ended, all of the Kindergarten classes got together for field day.  It was such a blast and the kids had so much fun.  Take a look:
Here she is trying to race and balance a ball on a plunger type stick!
Waiting with best friend, Marquita, for the next game!
Watching the 3-legged race with a bunch of 5/6 year old's was the best part!
The next week, the Kindergarten classes got together for an in-classroom awards ceremony followed by a Teddy Bear Picnic.  I have to admit, I got pretty emotional watching Emma get her "pail" of awards, certificates and summer activities.  Her teacher made them a really nice keepsake that had a poem about watching their progress and on it had a picture of the student during the first week of school and then one from a few weeks before school let out.  I don't have a picture of that, but here are some other photos from her picnic: 

Emma with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Smith
Emma and best friend Marquita!
I'm still sad that she has finished Kindergarten and moving on up! I've already bought her first grade school supplies, which makes it more real too! But I'm super proud of my little Lou and can't wait to see where life takes her, as long as its slllloooooowwww (well during the easy years, at least!).

No comments:

Post a Comment