Monday, July 19, 2010

Baptism

May 23, 2010 was a great day in our house! Not only was me and Matt's first wedding anniversary, and the LOST season finale was finally here, but Emma and I publically professed our belief in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

I had been baptized in middle school (many years ago...) but really did not understand the significance of what I was doing.  Years passed, I questioned and doubted and have thankfully, made my way back to God so I felt the need to be baptized again. 

About four years ago, Emma's father and I dedicated to raising her to know Jesus, and then when she was ready and mature enough to understand the significance would be baptized herself.  I can proudly say that she knew exactly what she was doing, what she believes and after approval from Pastor GW that she was ready, she was able to join in the baptisms!

My Dad came down and joined Matt and the rest of our Church Family to support me, Emma and the rest of those getting baptized.  Here are some pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment