Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's for dinner???

It's that time of the week to begin planning our dinner menus for the next 2 weeks and again I struggle to come up with things to make for dinner!!  It's especially hard when I can't just pull out my favorites from my Paula Deen cookbooks because Matt and I are both eating "better" and well, she doesn't have the most healthy recipes out there, so while I will make stromboli and chowder I can't pull out the good ol' shepards pie!  I try not to cook the same things all the time (plus Matt hates when I make spaghetti so I rarely make that) which makes it hard to come up with dinner ideas and I'm literally at a loss today after coming up with only the first week.  So what do you cook for dinner??  What is a hit with your family?  

Here is what I've planned so far (in no particular order):

1. chicken tacos rice and beans
2. corn sausage chowder with a GIANT salad
3. weight watchers spicy chicken and rice with salad and veggie
4. stromboli
5. breakfast for dinner (pancakes or waffles, sausage and eggs)
6. turkey burgers fries veggies
7. whole chicken with other wonderful down-home cookin' sides
8. 
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

Any suggestions?? I'm literally at a loss. Help!!!

3 comments:

  1. A staple at our house is breaded pork -- we buy the thin (really thin) pork loin chops, dip it in orange juice, then coat it with seasoned bread crumbs with seasoning salt (preferable tastefully simple!) mixed in. then cook in a frying pan with a little olive oil - a couple minutes on each side. i usually serve with steamed fresh green beans, tossed with a little butter and seasoning salt (again tastefully simple!). we eat it about once a week at our house :)

    another more recent favorite of andrews is beef carbonara -- i thought i had posted that recipe on my blog, but can't find it now. i will try and get it up soon!

    hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok -- I've posted the beef carbonara: http://www.venanciofamily.com/2010/03/beef-carbonara-delicious.html

    If you try it, let me know what you think! We love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thought of you tonight -- we had chicken quesadillas. very easy - and we like them alot. i boil one chicken breast until cooked through then shred it. spread taco sauce on the bottom of a tortilla, sprinkle with chicken, add shredded cheese, top with another tortilla. put in oven until cheese is melted, and tortilla is crusty :) i used one chicken breast for two quesadillas and it was more than enough!!

    ReplyDelete