Sunday, March 28, 2010

Side Lined

Woo Hoo!  I finished up my 30 day challenge a little over a week ago - I finished it in 29 days even though the darn thing didn't give me a trophy for it!  I only lost a few pounds but have definitely lost inches in many different places and my energy level is much higher than ever!  

Towards the end of the challenge, I began having a lot of pain on the bottoms of my feet and the backs of my heels.  I normally workout without shoes on and during one of the "very long" runs I think I did some damage to my left foot.  (Lesson learned: do not run without shoes on!!!).  I was able to finish the challenge and even began a new 30 day's on the high intensity level before not being able to stand it anymore.  I spoke with a knowledgeable, experienced, competitive runner who said I probably injured my achilles and that I needed to rest for at least 3 -4 days while icing it as often as I could.  That was about 6 days ago and though it still hurts a tidge, it is feeling much better.  I have a new pair of running shoes and I am hoping to start working out again tomorrow.  

I was pretty bummed when I had to stop.  I had finally made working out a day to day routine and did it no matter what.  I was also doing sit ups twice a day along with pushups to work on some more toning and had even begun seriously watching what I was eating to help with the weight loss part of it.  

But I'll be back in it tomorrow and I hope I'll make it through.  I'll probably ice afterward to be safe but I'm determined to keep going!  Wish me luck!

1 comment: