Friday, February 26, 2010

Potty Training

Potty training - ughhhhhhhhh!! But I really need to begin, and to be honest I just don't want to deal with it! I had it easy with Emma - she was in full time daycare and her daycare provider basically did it all.  I only had to worry about nights and weekends with her and she was successfully potty trained by 2 1/2.  Hannah is now past that age and we've made little progress! We've started a few times before now and the mornings are always great - I'll take her consistently and she goes, but the afternoons are filled with a bit more craziness with Emma coming home, the girls playing upstairs, me finishing my school work, beginning dinner, cleaning up, etc. etc. and I forget to take her as often as I should.  She's been in pull ups for awhile and has even had her own potty seat for awhile now, but I just keep finding myself giving up in the afternoons!  It's easier to not do it than deal with it!

We really want to put Hannah in preschool next fall twice a week, not only will it be good for my own sanity :) but we really feel like Hannah needs the socialization and extra learning! Both preschools I called recently require the kids to be potty trained so I feel like now I have a goal.  It gives me 6 months to train her, which should be plenty of time to have her ready in time for "big girl school"!  
It's just so tedious! I'll be in the middle of wal-mart and she'll want to go and I'll have to race to the bathrooms and hopefully get there before she does.  And I have to keep pull-ups with me at all times in case she wants to go and we're out.  I normally keep her bag in the truck with wipes and pull-ups and I won't always remember to bring them into a restaurant or store and of course that is when she wants to go! 

But I need to start - she's ready, she's been ready - I just need to make myself ready!

So come tomorrow I hope to make a full, valiant effort in getting her potty trained -wish me luck! Preschool is only 6 months away....

No comments:

Post a Comment