Friday, February 12, 2010

Accountability

Accountability is so important for many different things.  When I set my New Year's Resolutions, I posted them here not only so I could share my thoughts about what I want to accomplish this year, but so I could be held accountable at anytime in regards to them.  Anyone can ask me, hey how are you coming along in your goal to be happy? Or how's your weight loss going?  It keeps me in check and helps me stay accountable to the goals I've set.  So here's a look at the resolutions I've set and how it's going so far:

1.  The 2010 challenge is going very well.  I have been making time to read my Bible at least 5 days a week for a minimum of 20 minutes.  I usually end up reading about 45 minutes almost every night.  I have finished the book of John and will finish up Proverbs tomorrow night.  It's amazing to me that I believe in Jesus Christ yet never made a valient effort at reading His Word.  Sure, I've tried to read my Bible before, but never made it very far.  This time it's different, I'm fascinate, intrigued, most nights I can't get enough and it has definitely made my relationship with Christ much stronger.

2.  Finish my Associates Degree.  Still working non-stop!  I am still on par to finish September 12, 2010.  If I am able to maintain an A in my math class (where I go up and down one point weekly which keeps me between an A and A-minus), my GPA will go up!  I will probably take a short break after I finish before I start my bachelors program.

3.  Balance.  Balance is my middle name.  I strive for it in everything.  Almost all of my beliefs in almost everything, especially politics, is deeply rooted in balance.  But I still struggle in balancing life as a mother, wife and student.  I have made an effort these last 2 classes to make sure all of my work is done by Friday so it leaves me Saturday, Sunday and Monday to just be a wife and mom.  I don't know if future classes will allow me to do this, but it's definitely be a start in finding the balance I need.

4.  Make time for myself.  .... and moving on.... :)  This is a hard one and one that I haven't been really working on yet.  I do have plans to attend a concert in a few weeks without the kiddos and tried to attend a home party thing but had to cancel due to the snow.  Good thing there is still a little over 9 months left to accomplish this one!

5.  Lose 30 pounds.  Another one I haven't officially started on yet either.  I debated awhile between joining a gym or getting something for our Wii.  I finally decided on using the wii system and after much research have decided on getting EA Active.  I hope to get it very soon!

6.  Be happy.  While I am much more optimistic these days about things I have discovered a few things about what makes me not happy.  Organization, shopping and "me" time makes me very happy.  I NEED things to be organized.  I may not have mopped since last week or cleaned the mirrors in my bathrooms but if things are organized I am a very happy camper!  Shopping provides an instant high but is definitely something I can't count on to make me happy.  Finally "me" time is needed for my sanity.  I go weeks on end without having time to myself and it's sooo draining.  I wake up with the kids and usually go to bed with at least one of them everyday so I never really get time away.

7.  Finances.  Things are definitely than they were even just a year ago.  We are consistently saving and tithing every week.  Saving has been our number one priority lately.  I have a very organized way I budget and pay the bills and this has definitely helped since I started using it last year.  By saving more and spending less, we're definitely doing a lot better.

8.  Relationships.  I've been working on this one slowly and surely.  My Mom, brother and sister all live in the Richmond area and I live about 2 hours from there so working on my relationship with them can be hard but I'm putting in lots of effort.  I try to get together with at least one of them at least once a month.  Now if only I could get them to come my way :)  Things with my Dad are awesome as always. 

Accountability is a good thing.  I'm glad that I posted this because it allowed me to look at my entire list at once again.  There are always some of them in the back of my head (losing weight, finishing school, money) but I forget about the little other ones.  I think I'm doing good so far and plan on ending the year with a completed new years resolution list!

No comments:

Post a Comment