Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome to the Rivah

So it's ironic I start my blog on the first day of vacation huh? It's actually pretty relaxing! I'm sitting on a screened porch facing the Potomac River (which is only 25 yards away) and the wind is blowing. The kids just took off running, so the quiet makes it even more relaxing! :)
My Uncle Bill and his wife and kids rented a house called Ria Casa (check it out at riacasa.com) for the week and invited my Dad, my Gramma, me, Matt, our girls, and my sister and her son out to join him for week. Unfortunately my Gramma couldn't make it and my sister can't come until Sunday night for only a night or two, so the rest of us took over the house!
Surprisingly, the waves aren't much smaller than that of the outer banks, so it almost feels like we're at the beach! When we first got here all the kids got on their swim suits and headed to the giant blow up pool with even bigger slide my uncle brought with him. They eventually got bored and got dressed only to an hour later walk down to play in the sand where of course they all got sopping wet. Once Hannah and Matthew fell, it was all over! They had a blast letting the waves crash on them over and over and over again! We literally walk out off the back porch, walk a fewyards and sit on the sand - each house has basically their own private beach! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a getaway!!!
I can't wait to post the pictures! I have my sister's laptop (i'm supposed to be doing school work, not blogging, but oh well!), so I can't load my pictures on here, but I can't wait to share some of pictures of the kids playing in the water!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you're having a great time! paul had a blog way before I did, so I sent him a link to your also ;o)

    ReplyDelete