Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cry Baby

So I had my first cry session of the "Emma is starting Kindergarten" year! On my way to Wal-mart to get groceries of all places too! I don't know what started it, maybe because she was wearing one of her new outfits to meet her teacher later on, but I was thinking about what bothers me the most... I'm going to put her on the school bus Monday morning and then she's off. I won't be there to help her find her room, I just have to trust that someone will do that for me; I won't be there to show her to go through the lunch line and order her food and then enter in her SIX digit pin number (YES, six digits even for Kindergarten!) if I don't pack her lunch. In my head I know they help all the new kids do these things, but it's so hard to just let go and let someone else take care of it for me (brings tears to my eyes now, sniffle sniffle). Emma had no interest in buying lunch from school, she wanted me to pack her a turkey sub (everyday she says) in her fancy new lunch box that matches her fancy new backpack; so at school today I checked the box on some paperwork I was filling out that said she would be eating breakfast at home. I figured if she didn't want to buy lunch she wouldn't want to buy breakfast, no naturally she says she wants too! But her teacher was saying that a lot of kids just come in off the bus, drop their backpacks into their cubbies and go eat breakfast and I was like, that's it, no one takes them? they just go? they know what to do? Things like that are what scare me the most. And I don't know if scare is the right word to use, it's just so different now. Maybe it's because I have my own social anxiety problems that I worry for her when I don't need to.
Her teacher is wonderful though. Ms. Mikulan is the same later that tested her when we registered her for school. I really liked her and hoped Emma would get her. The class size is small too. Emma's school day is pretty short and I'm so grateful we live so close to school. Emma is one of the last stops to pick up, so she'll be picked up at around 755 and be the first home, around 245 which to me isn't bad at all!
Hopefully I can get through the next few days without crying and I'll save it for when the bus pulls away and then I can sob like a little girl myself. And I thought I was ready for this??? Apprently not as ready as I thought!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment