Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Panic Mode

So I'm starting to panic, school starts on Monday! As much as I was looking forward to having a routine for the kids again, I'm starting to dread it too! We've always been so easy going. We'll just pick and go somewhere at the spur of the moment and now we can't or at least so it seems. It has to be this somewhat thought out plan. And I can't just ease myself into it, she has tball practice, not just once a week, not just twice a week, but three times a week until her games begin. So I have to figure that out with everything else! And I wanted to enroll her in dance again, so that once tball was over in October, she would have something to do this winter, but I think it may be too much just for ME to keep up with, let alone her! Then I have to figure out some sort of routine for her to go to her dads. If he had a normal work schedule it would make life so much easier, but he's only off certain weekends a month, usually back to back and I'm hesitant to let her go (ok be away from me), two weekends in a row during school season. I grew up doing the every other weekend thing, so that is what is normal to me.
Hopefully once school starts I'll see that it's not so bad and we can still do things spur of the moment when she gets home from school. I just have to make time for homework and bedtime routine.

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel that way. I've been really bummed every time I think about it (especially today!). Maybe because I only have one kid, but I have no wants or desires for her to go back! I don't feel like I welcome the break, as some parents do. Mostly because, she's old enough where I don't feel like I need it. And if I did, 2 hours a week would be plenty - not like a 40 hour work week! It's so permanent, too. As in, this whole school year thing happens over and over until they're done with college and then they leave the house. It's sad! Why are people happy about it?!?! HA!

    And, the whole "sporadic" thing you were talking about - that's not fun, either. You can't just say "let's go to the park" at 1:00 in the afternoon. They they come home, wind down, have a snack, do their homework, take a bath, eat dinner, and they go to bed.

    Am I a downer? haha. At least you have one left, when your other is gone. She can help you keep your mind off it, and you can do the whole routine thing you were talking about. And you'll get to spend lots of one-on-one with Hannie. AND, we can have Mexican food at a place where we're the only Caucasians for bargain prices, while the kids are at school. AND you'll have a lot easier time Christmas shopping this year. AND you and Matt can put Hannie down for a nap (because she'll be getting up early) and have movie afternoons. =)

    ReplyDelete