Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool


Hannah's first day of preschool went pretty well.  I dropped her off at 9am with no problems.  She wanted to play in the play kitchen area when we first got there but apparently the morning routine is to color, read or work a puzzle so she kind of clung to me for a minute, but when I asked her which one she was going to do, she said puzzles and ran off.  I grabbed a hug and left - no tears or anything (for me or her)!  I was kind of surprised at myself, but hey, at least I wasn't embarrassingly sobbing on my way to the car!

I came back to pick her up at noon and she was one of the last ones out (I think she was going potty).  She said she had fun, her friends were mean (I noticed a rough little boy at orientation) and when I asked her if she was ready to come back Thursday, she replied, "no".  So, I'm a little worried about tomorrow, but the rest of the evening she talked about her day with joy! 

Her daily report read: "Fantastic 1st day! A great friend and helper! Very attentive and great job participating.  We will work on staying in our seat. Did not go potty"

Hannah insists she did go potty and I think she was going when I picked her up and that is why she came out last and obviously her sheet was already filled out - but she is so shy I worried about her either holding it all morning or being too shy to ask, but I discussed this with the teachers already.  I really like her teachers, they are great with her and very open.  I think Hannah will do very well there twice a week.  

Yay, for preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment