Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 2 Recap - C25K


 

Week 2 is done and I feel like a super star!  Not really but I feel pretty good!  But ever since seeing this picture on pinterest, it is all I think about when I run!


I think it is hiliarous!!! And I really do think about it every time I hop on the treadmill; just what do I look like when I'm running?? (And, do I really want to know?) But back to week 2:  I mentioned here that the 90 second runs were perfect and they were.  As I began thinking about next week and the longer running I thought, "I should definitely be ok with a 2 minute run".  But I just checked and there are two 90 second runs  but two three minute runs - AHHH! A little freaked out here!

Monday was a great day and easy - I felt good.  Wednesday was that tough day where it took it all out of me just to finish.  Not because I was tired or couldn't do the runs, I just didn't feel like it.  But I pushed through and made it and today was a breeze too!  Wednesday my shins were really sore too.  I panicked it was more than shin splints because they were hurting while I was just sitting on the couch and my good friend Casey ended up with stress fractures from running!  So I iced my shins on Wednesday and Thursday and they didn't even bother me while I was running - yay! I had a little soreness later in the afternoon, but iced today and I'm all good now!

Send good thoughts and pray for me next week as the bar gets raised!  I'll continue to remind myself that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I repeat it over and over again while I'm running because without Him, I would have given up already!

No comments:

Post a Comment