Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wake Up!

The girls and I left for church this morning when all of sudden a popular quote just popped in my head, Life's a dance you learn as you go.  I began thinking of how that applied to my life and, of course, as the main purpose to my life right now is raising children, how it applied to parenting.  For so long now I've been frazzled, grumpy and not happy.  I wouldn't consider myself depressed, but I'm a huge control freak and lately I feel like I've lost control of everything.  My oldest daughter, whom I LOVE dearly, is a very difficult child to parent.  She's stubborn, strong willed, beyond independent and wants to do things her way - this very much clashes with my control freak personality! This whole dancing thing isn't very much fun and I definitely don't feel like I'm dancing, I feel like I'm spinning in circles some days! Thankfully, God's grace is new every morning (Lamentations 3:23) and I can try again each day that I'm blessed with another day of life! 

So why am I "waking up!"?  Today at church our Pastor was talking about being dead as a Christian - really great sermon in my opinion.  What really struck me was the question, are you a Christian by label or by lifestyle?  I mean, wow!  I could go on and do another whole blog post just on my answer to that question, but back to waking up!  Pastor GW talked about how people accept Christ to be their savior, are baptized and continue on with their life on cruise control as if they don't need Christ to BE their Savior or Lord.  This is LIFE, a gift each and every breath we take, a precious gift.  Quit putting your life on cruise control as if it's over - do something!

For me, part of the "wake up!" call was that I need to dance.  I don't need to spin around in circles frantically but I need to dance.  I need to embrace every moment with my girls and my husband. I don't know what I'm doing half the time, but as long I'm here leading my girls where they need led and following my Lord, then my dance is beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment