Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Germ -A-phob

I knew once Emma started school our relatively healthy house would become tainted with GERMS - ugh! I am a pretty healthy person, I rarely get sick, maybe once in the fall and once in the spring.  Emma is the same way, she has ALWAYS been very healthy and must have inherited my super immunity genes, thankfully.  Hannah and Matt on the other hand, though they remain pretty healthy, they do pick up things more frequently than Emma and I. 
So I'm dreading this cold and flu season.  I know Emma is going to be carrying home A LOT of nasty little bugs and we're going to be nice little carriers for them this year.  In turn, I've turned into a hand washing nazi, washing my hands ALL the time.  And if you knew me before, I wasn't a frequent hand washer - I just never got in the habit, but I recently picked up an assortment of antibacterial soaps for the kitchen and bathrooms and "hanitizer" to keep on hand (no pun intended) and I'm constantly washing my hands as well as the kids.  I don't want to get sick.  With Matt's work schedule and his lovely place of employment, he can't really be there to take over for me if I'm out with the flu, I have to push through it, so I would rather just not get sick! Which reminds me, no slacking on flu shot appointments this year, time to call the pediatrician! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment